Monday, March 21, 2011
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Urad Flour(store bought) - 1 cup
Rice Flour(store bought) - 3 cups
vaamu/ajwain - 1 tsp
chilli pwder - 1 tsp (optional)
oil to deep fry.
- Mix the Flours with salt, vaamu, chilli powder, 3tsp oil and water to make soft dough.
- Using the 3 hole murukulu press, make chakkidalu into hot oil.
- Fry on both sides until the oil stops bubbling around the dough.
- Remove from oil, Drain on to a paper towel. Cool and store.
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Garlic cloves, pealed - 3cups
oil - 1/4 cup
Lime juice - 1/4 cup
chilli powder - 1/4 cup
salt - 1/4 cup
Mustard powder - 2 tsp
Methi Powder - 1 tsp
- Take 5-6 cloves of garlic from the 3cups, crush them into paste.
- Add all the ingrediants above in clean dry dish and add garlic cloves and paste.
- Store in a dry glass bottle for about 2 weeks before eating.
Garlic cloves tastes better if they are in the pickle for a long period. I leave the pickle untouched for about a month.
Ingrediants:Peanuts - 1/2lb
Brown sugar - 1/2lb
Water - 1/2 cup
Melted butter - 2tsp
cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Toast peanuts, remove skins and cool.
- In a thick pan, add water, brown sugar and boil it to a syrup.To test the syrup, add a drop in cold water and it forms a ball.
- Add ghee, cardamom powder and peanuts, stir until peanuts are covered with syrup.
- Turn off the heat, pour onto a greased pan and spread as a thin layer.
- Let it cool and break into pieces.