1 1/2 cups sugar
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 can evaporated milk
3/4 cup milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 80z package cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook 1 cup sugar in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar melts and turns a light golden brown. Quickly pour hot caramelized sugar into a 2-quart glass baking dish. coat bottom and sides with caramel.
- In a blender, mix all remaining ingrediants. pour over caramelized sugar.
- Place dish in a large shallow pan. Add hot water to pan to a depth of 1/3 up sides of dish.
- Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Remove dish from water bath; cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and chill at least 3 hours.
- Run a knife around edge of custard to loosen; invert onto a serving plate.